See, there’s this thing called GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). You can read about it on the EU GDPR Information Portal or in a two part article Create If Writing site. Part 1 and Part 2. The articles are geared more toward us bloggers and website owners but it has great information about what the heck all this is about.
Basically it means I gotta tell you:
What happens with that information? Not a dang thing. Seriously.
– The website cookie sets it so the next time you visit, the site loads faster (or not).
– The email address is needed to stop spammers and frankly, I never look at them. No one else can either. I don’t sell them or use them without your consent. And not sure how I would use them anyway.
Bottom line? This site collects data about you that is never used. I don’t do ads. Not even Google ads. I don’t link you to Facebook or make you sign in through them. Heck, you don’t have to sign in at all in order to read and/or comment. I am just that nice.
If you don’t like the privacy issues, there are two options:
– leave my site, go into your browser’s cookies, delete the ones from this site, and never visit here again. And also clean out your browser’s cache. Done.
– don’t leave a comment
But what if you WANT to visit this site and leave comments???
– Use a cookie management extension. I use Self Destroying Cookies with my Firefox.
– Comment away and feel safe that I do nothing with the data. Nothing. Not even sure where it is. Somewhere in the highly guarded, well maintained, untouchable SQL database, I’m sure.